Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chandelier re-fashion


Here's a little DIY project I just completed. My Mom had an old chandelier hanging in her entryway, and got a new fixture. She asked me if I wanted it, so I gladly took it off her hands. This thing is old. It's been hanging in our house since I was maybe 8, and actually came from the home of a friend of hers. When this friend moved into their hundred year old house, this chandelier was there. I guess it didn't suit their tastes, and gave it to my parents. In any case, I think I really scored.
Before

Before

I wrestled for a few days, where I would put it, and what color I would paint it. I decided on my fancy powder room, and therefore decided to spray paint it black.

 

I love how it turned out. It really ups the glamour factor. Now, if we could just get the crown moulding up, you wouldn't be able to see the wallpaper gaps, and this room would be complete!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet job! I think it looks super against the black and white wall paper.

    ReplyDelete